Horses consume feed grains and forages that can produce a range of mycotoxins resulting from mold invasion. Toxicosis of horses often occurs from fumonisins or aflatoxin in grains, from the tremorgenic mycotoxins in dallis grass, or from slaframine in red clover. Fumonisin toxicosis often is severe and fatal, and aflatoxin can be acute or chronic and debilitating. Other mycotoxins reported in horses may cause moderate to mild signs that regress when the contaminated feedstuff is removed. Overall, horses appear to have a relatively low prevalence of reported mycotoxicoses among domestic animals, but they are extremely sensitive to the fumonisins. Since there are no good therapies for mycotoxin poisoning, attention to providing high quality grains and forages to prevent mycotoxicoses is the most effective means for reducing the risk of mycotoxins in horses.