Affordable Access

deepdyve-link
Publisher Website

[Lack of correlation between retinal variables before treatment and poor functional response after focal photocoagulation in diabetic macular oedema].

Authors
  • Ávila-Alcaraz, Yoloxochilth1
  • Razo Blanco-Hernández, Dulce Milagros2
  • García-Rubio, Yatzul Zuhaila3
  • Lima-Gómez, Virgilio4
  • 1 Servicio de Oftalmología, Hospital General de Acapulco, Secretaría de Salud, Acapulco, Guerrero, México.
  • 2 División de Investigación, Hospital Juárez de México, Secretaría de Salud, México, D.F., México.
  • 3 Sección de Estudios de Posgrado, Escuela Superior de Medicina, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, México, D.F., México.
  • 4 Servicio de Oftalmología, Hospital Juárez de México, Secretaría de Salud, México, D.F., México. Electronic address: [email protected]
Type
Published Article
Journal
Cirugia y cirujanos
Publication Date
Jan 01, 2016
Volume
84
Issue
1
Pages
3–8
Identifiers
DOI: 10.1016/j.circir.2015.05.050
PMID: 26277600
Source
Medline
Keywords
License
Unknown

Abstract

Retinal thickening and visual acuity improved or did not change in 71.3% of eyes with diabetic macular oedema with a single photocoagulation procedure. Retinal variables that are usually evaluated were unable to identify the remaining 28.7%, which could lose vision after that treatment, and would require additional interventions.

Report this publication

Statistics

Seen <100 times