Affordable Access

Hidroquímica y su variabilidad espacio temporal en un bofedal altoandino de la Reserva Paisajística Nor Yauyos Cochas, Perú

Authors
  • Choy Galindo, Alfredo Manho
  • Anaya Raymundo, Mario Antonio
Publication Date
Jan 01, 2018
Source
DIALNET
Keywords
Language
Spanish
License
Unknown
External links

Abstract

ABSTRACT The Nor Yauyos Cochas Landscape Reserve (RPNYC) presents high Andean wetlands, whose peat bogs contain their subterranean waters, which are influenced by their hydrochemistry. Thus, these ecosystems are important sources of food, water, shelter and nesting place for a diversity of birds and wild animals. The objective of the research was to generate knowledge about the chemistry of the water deposited in the wetland of the Moyobamba sector, through the process of hydrochemical characterization and its temporal space variability. The methodology was based on the recording of the physicochemical properties (pH, temperature and EC) of 34 wells strategically distributed throughout the bofedal area, and the majority constituent analysis corresponding to a sample of 10 wells (anions: HCO3-, SO4 2 -, Cl-, CO3 -2 and cations: Na +, K +, Ca+2, Mg+2). The measurements were made considering the grouping in three sectors and by season (May, July and October of 2017, dry season and February of 2018, wet season). The data were analyzed from the Piper diagram (% meq / l) and specific statistical tests (Descriptive, ANOVA and correlation). The dominant water type was calcium bicarbonated (HCO3- - Ca+2) in 95% of the wells and magnesium bicarbonated (HCO3- - Mg+2) in the remaining 5%, influenced by the limestone present in their formations geological the HCO3-, Ca+2, Mg+2 and Na+ ions registered an increase in their concentration and EC as the dry season passed. While the pH of the water presented a slightly acid character (pH ≅ 6,6), with an average temperature of 8,1 ° C; this normal value is considered for this type of wetlands. A positive mean correlation was found between bicarbonate ions (HCO3-) and calcium (Ca+2) and a weak positive correlation between pH and EC. / RESUMEN La Reserva Paisajística Nor Yauyos Cochas (RPNYC) presenta bofedales altoandinos, en cuyas turberas se encuentran contenidas sus aguas subterráneas, las cuales están influenciadas por su hidroquímica. Así, estos ecosistemas son importantes fuentes de alimentación, agua, refugio y lugar de anidación para una diversidad de aves y animales silvestres. El objetivo de la investigación fue generar conocimiento sobre la química del agua depositada en el bofedal del sector Moyobamba, a través del proceso de caracterización hidroquímica y su variabilidad espacio temporal. La metodología se basó en el registro de las propiedades fisicoquímicas (pH, temperatura y CE) de 34 pozos (aniones: HCO3-, SO4 2-, Cl-, CO3 -2 y cationes: Na+, K+; Ca+2; Mg+2). Las mediciones se realizaron considerando el agrupamiento en tres sectores y por temporada (mayo, julio y octubre del 2017, temporada seca y febrero del 2018, temporada húmeda). Los datos fueron analizados a partir del diagrama de Piper (% meq/l) y pruebas estadísticas específicas (Descriptivos, ANOVA y correlación). El tipo de agua dominante fue la bicarbonatada cálcica (HCO3- - Ca+2) en el 95% de los pozos y la bicarbonatada magnésica (HCO3- - Mg+2) en el 5% restante, influenciadas por las calizas presentes en sus formaciones geológicas. Los iones HCO3-, Ca+2, Mg+2 y Na+ registraron un aumento en su concentración y CE a medida que transcurría la temporada seca. Mientras que el pH del agua presentó un carácter ligeramente ácido (pH ≅ 6,6), con temperatura promedio de 8,1°C, siendo considerado este valor normal para este tipo de humedales. Se encontró correlación positiva media entre los iones bicarbonato (HCO3-) y calcio (Ca+2), y una correlación positiva débil entre el pH y la CE.

Report this publication

Statistics

Seen <100 times