Affordable Access

deepdyve-link
Publisher Website

[Femoropopliteal angioplasty: Short- and mid-term results].

Authors
  • Ben Hammamia, M1
  • Ben Mrad, M2
  • Derbel, B2
  • Miri, R2
  • Ziadi, J2
  • Ghedira, F2
  • Denguir, R2
  • Kalfat, T2
  • 1 Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, hôpital La Rabta, faculté de médecine de Tunis, université Tunis El Manar, Tunis, Tunisie. Electronic address: [email protected]
  • 2 Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, hôpital La Rabta, faculté de médecine de Tunis, université Tunis El Manar, Tunis, Tunisie.
Type
Published Article
Journal
Journal de medecine vasculaire
Publication Date
Jul 01, 2017
Volume
42
Issue
4
Pages
204–212
Identifiers
DOI: 10.1016/j.jdmv.2017.04.001
PMID: 28705338
Source
Medline
Keywords
Language
French
License
Unknown

Abstract

Percutaneous endovascular therapy is becoming a primary option for managing femoropopliteal occlusive disease. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the mid-term results of endovascular treatment of femoropopliteal arterial disease. Femoropopliteal percutaneous transluminal angioplasty was performed on 162 consecutive limbs (160 patients) from January 2006 to January 2016. In our study, 87.6% of patients had critical limb ischemia. Lesions were classified as Trans-Atlantic Inter-Society Consensus (TASC) A (43%), B (43%), C (7%), and D (7%). Femoropopliteal interventions included angioplasty only in 70 cases (43.2%), and the remaining 92 (56.8%) received at least one stent. Technical success was achieved in 98.7% of patients, with three deaths and a major morbidity rate of 15%. The actuarial primary patency at 12 and 36 month was 65.4% and 40.2%, respectively, 33 peripheral reinterventions were performed after femoropopliteal axis occlusion, resulting in an actuarial primary limb preservation rate of 94.4 at 12 months. Comparison between angioplasty only and the use of stent show no difference in primary patency (P=0.832) and limb salvage (P=0.67). Negative predictors of primary patency determined by univariate analysis included popliteal location (P<0.001) and TASC D (P<0.001). However, diabetes mellitus (P=0.001) and poor run off (P<0.001) were the principal predictive factors of limb loss. Femoropopliteal angioplasty can be performed with a low morbidity and mortality. Intermediate primary patency is directly related to TASC classification and popliteal localization. Copyright © 2017 Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved.

Report this publication

Statistics

Seen <100 times