Men, women and children wait in the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) out-patient clinic. Six nurses in the room attend to the patients. One boy is weighed by a nurse. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.