Affordable Access

[The Chair of the medical chemistry department at the Faculty of Medicine and the Chair of chemistry at the School of Pharmacy of Strasbourg (1794-1871)].

Authors
  • Pabst, Jean-Yves
Type
Published Article
Journal
Histoire des sciences médicales
Publication Date
Jan 01, 2011
Volume
45
Issue
4
Pages
381–390
Identifiers
PMID: 22400477
Source
Medline
License
Unknown

Abstract

Strasbourg occupied during the 19th century a privileged place in chemistry, as well in education as in research, and that in particular in three institutions created after the dissolution of the old University during the French Revolution: the Faculty of Sciences, the School then Faculty of Medicine created in 1794, and the School of Pharmacy created in 1804. In 1871, Alsace was annexed by Germany. The chair of medical chemistry in the Faculty of Medicine was successively occupied by: Pierre François Nicolas (1743-1816) in 1794-1795, Frédéric Louis Ehrmann (1741-1801) from 1796 to 1798, Gabriel Masuyer (1761-1849) from 1798 to 1838, and Amédée Cailliot (1805-1884) from 1838 to 1871. The chair of chemistry in the School of Pharmacy was successively occupied by: Louis Hecht (1771-1857)from 1804 to 1835, Jean François Persoz (1805-1868) from 1835 to 1852, Adrien Loir (1816-1899) from 1852 to 1855, Charles Frédéric Gerhardt and Eugène Théodore Jacquemin (1828-1909) from 1856 to 1871.

Report this publication

Statistics

Seen <100 times