1st September 1949. Abbey Road, with Vesper Road leading up towards Hawksworth. Abbey Road has tramlines and tram cables. Building to left of centre on Abbey Road is Leeds Tramways Department (Hawksworth) Electricity Sub Station, built in 1906. The substation was used to provide power on Route 4 from Woodside Avenue, Kirkstall Road to Hawkworth Road terminus. The plant was decommissioned in 1948 and the equipment scrapped when a new power plant was installed at the Kirkstall Road works. The building is still standing.