[Acute polyneuropathy caused by inhalation of solvent mixtures in varnish removers and thinners in normal commercial use].
- Published Article
Deutsche medizinische Wochenschrift (1946)
- Publication Date
Sep 06, 1985
Three cases of acute intoxication after inhalation of solvents are reported. The clinical picture was that of a severe sensory-motor polyneuropathy, in one case with root involvement leading to complete Landry's paralysis with respiratory paralysis. All three patients required intensive care. The healing process was extraordinarily slow in two and was still unsatisfactory over a 1 1/2-year period of observation. The responsible agents were probably toluene and xylene.
Report this publication
From MEDLINE®/PubMed®, a database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
This record was last updated on 07/01/2016 and may not reflect the most current and accurate biomedical/scientific data available from NLM.
The corresponding record at NLM can be accessed at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2992905