The Coral Gables Merrick House was the home of the Rev. Solomon G. and Althea Fink Merrick, parents of George Merrick, founder of Coral Gables. The 160-acre tract of land Solomon purchased in 1899 included a log cabin on the property where the Merrick family first lived. In 1906, they started construction of a larger home using limestone rock quarried from land where the Venetian Pool is located and named it “Coral Gables.” The new house, completed in 1910, is located at 907 Coral Way. It now serves as a house museum and is owned and operated by the City.