23rd March 2008. View of Callister Hall in Woodacre Lane, an old stone built, single storey building. This was originally the school house which was erected in 1726 with a thatched roof. It was given a slate roof in 1822. The datestone of 1726 can be seen above the central window. The school house was founded by William Procter, Thomas Tate and Jonathan Abbot with donations from other members of the parish. It was then endowed by the Right Honourable Robert, Lord Bingley. In 1764 there were 17 boys and 19 girls who were educated in the English language, writing and Arithmetic, along with religious instruction. This enabled them to seek employment in Husbandry, Trades or Services. Nowadays, Callister Hall is a venue for social activities in Bardsey, with various clubs and societies meeting on a regular basis. Bardsey Nursery Group is also based here. The new school, Bardsey Primary opened in 1951.