The Alhambra Water Tower (2000 Alhambra Circle) is located at the intersection of Ferdinand Street, Alhambra Circle and Greenway Court. Built in 1924 to conceal a steel water tank, it was designed by H. George Fink and Denman Fink, to look like a lighthouse. The water tank was used as part of the City's water system until 1931, when the city began purchasing water from the City of Miami. Another water tower located in the area of Indian Mound Trail was destroyed by the Hurricane of 1926. The Alhambra Water Tower was rehabilitated in 2011-2012. It is located within the Alhambra Circle Historic District.