Affordable Access

Accidental ingestion of a toothbrush!

Authors
Publication Date
Keywords
  • Research Article

Abstract

A case is reported of a 16-year-old girl who accidentally swallowed a toothbrush, which was safely extracted under local anaesthesia using a fibre-optic endoscope. The technique described is safe, and can be adapted for the extraction of a variety of foreign bodies from the oesophagus and the stomach. Guidelines are presented for the management of ingested foreign bodies, based on a review of the literature. Images Fig. 1 Fig. 2 Fig. 3 Fig. 4

There are no comments yet on this publication. Be the first to share your thoughts.

Statistics

Seen <100 times
0 Comments

More articles like this

Accidental ingestion of a toothbrush!

on Archives of emergency medicine June 1986

Toothbrush ingestion.

on Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Ora... September 1988

Accidental ingestion.

on IMJ. Illinois medical journal July 1973
More articles like this..