Affordable Access

Daffodil toxicosis in an adult cat

Authors
Publisher
Canadian Veterinary Medical Association
Publication Date
Source
PMC
Keywords
  • Scientific
Disciplines
  • Medicine

Abstract

A domestic longhair cat with a 3-day history of lethargy and vomiting after ingesting dried daffodil stems (Narcissus spp.) was severely hypothermic (33.0°C), with bradycardia (78 beats/min) and hypotension. Treatment with atropine, dexamethasone, fluid therapy, and supportive care resulted in a complete recovery by 6 days after exposure.

There are no comments yet on this publication. Be the first to share your thoughts.

Statistics

Seen <100 times
0 Comments

More articles like this

Daffodil toxicosis in an adult cat.

on The Canadian veterinary journa... March 2004

Ethylene glycol toxicosis in adult beef cattle fed...

on The Canadian veterinary journa... October 2008
More articles like this..