The Barbados Museum and Historical Society, an example of Caribbean Georgian style architecture, was established in 1933 by an Act of Parliament and located in the former military prison in the historic Saint Ann's Garrison area. The military prison was completed by 1853. The museum is part of the Historic Bridgetown and Garrison complex, which is the first Barbados site to be added to UNESCO's World Heritage List. Saint Ann’s Garrison is the earliest type of British navy and army base in the Caribbean. A red automobile, the Fiat 500, is parked in front of the museum. Slide labeled Barb 9.