SUMMARY The tambura manufacture workshop of Andrija Car from Bedekovčina was founded in 1894 in Zagreb, situated at the corner of Vlaška Street and Ružična Street (the present Kurelčeva Street). In the period when tambura-based music was at its peak of popularity mostly tamburas were produced in the shop, but there was also a wide assortment of various instruments and accessories available there. On several occasions the shop changed owners and location. It was successful in competing with contemporary domestic musical instrument makers. There was a close bond between the workshop and the masters that had learned the trade there or had improved their qualification, such as Gjuro Štapa and Ivan (Janko) Car. Many years of activity came to an end at the beginning of 1932 when the shop was closed down. There is no evidence that there has ever been anything written about the matter preceding this paper.