Eight welcoming entrances to Coral Gables were planned in the early 1920s. The construction of the impressive Granada Entrance was completed in 1922 and is one of only four of the originally planned entrances to be built. The oolitic limestone was hand-cut into blocks to use in the creation of a forty-foot high arched structure. The City’s Designer, Denman Fink, and Landscape Architect, Frank Button, designed a pergola to both sides that includes wing walls with sitting ledges. The “Old World” design of the Granada Entrance, located at the intersection of Granada Boulevard and S.W. 8th Street, was based on vintage entrances of Spain. Architects Phineas Paist and Walter de Garmo worked with Fink and Button on the Granada Entrance.