Tiger Post Office was established 1906-01-16 on the the bank of the Pend Oreille River due east of the present site. Mail was delivered by steamboat until October 1909. It was moved after the railroad was built. Mr. Emanuel F. Yoder was the first postmaster followed by Flora Cross. This was known as the Cross building. It currently is the location of the Tiger Museum and Store. Camille LaSota, woman in photograph, is the daughter of Jim and Billie LaSota Hutchinson.