10th September 1953. Image shows Pepper Terrace in the foreground as it meets the junction with Pepper Lane at the left edge. The house and shop in view on the right are numbered in the 1947 Kelly's Directory of Leeds and on an Ordnance Survey map dated 1951, as 28 and 30, although they were both generally referred to as 28 by the owners. The business was at one time a fish and chip shop run by Herbert Taylor. The street glimpsed in the background is Leicestershire Street. The darker patch in the road was a repair to the Middleton outfall sewer.