New! Annual Review of Biomedical Data Science - Volume 1, July 2018
Later this month the Annual Review of Biomedical Data Science publishes its inaugural volume, co-edited by Russ B. Altman, winner of the 2018 International Society for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Outstanding Contribution award, and Michael Levitt, joint winner of the 2013 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
This new journal captures the most important contemporary data science challenges in digestible review articles that span basic molecular biology to clinical medicine and include important new technologies. To mark this milestone, we've curated a special collection of articles from several journals across the Annual Reviews interdisciplinary catalog.
Data Science - Challenges and Opportunities
New from the inaugural Annual Review of Biomedical Data Science
- Big Data Approaches for Modeling Response and Resistance to Cancer Drugs
- Visualization of Biomedical Data
- Defining Phenotypes from Clinical Data to Drive Genomic Research
- Large-Scale Analysis of Genetic and Clinical Patient Data
All articles in the Data Science - Challenges and Opportunities collection are FREE to read through August 31, 2018.
Additional articles from this collection
Diverse topics covered in this collection include genomics, data visualization, computational biology, machine learning, organizational behavior, bioinformatics, ecoinformatics, cognition, precision medicine, confidentiality, and the development of more effective therapeutic strategies.
- On Time Series Analysis of Public Health and Biomedical Data
- Informatics and Data Analytics to Support Exposome-Based Discovery for Public Health
- Machine Learning for Detection and Diagnosis of Disease
- Emerging Themes in Image Informatics and Molecular Analysis for Digital Pathology
- Does Big Data Change the Privacy Landscape? A Review of the Issues
- Statistical Methods in Integrative Genomics
- Structural Bioinformatics of the Interactome
- More Than Words? Computer-Aided Text Analysis in Organizational Behavior and Psychology Research
- Challenges for Biomedical Informatics and Pharmacogenomics
- The New Bioinformatics: Integrating Ecological Data from the Gene to the Biosphere
- From Brain Maps to Cognitive Ontologies: Informatics and the Search for Mental Structure
- Personalized Pharmacogenomics: Predicting Efficacy and Adverse Drug Reactions
Annual Reviews is a nonprofit publisher dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of science and the benefit of society. They currently publish 50 highly cited journals in the Biomedical, Life, Physical, and Social Sciences, including Economics.